Friday, March 13, 2015

~Catchy Book Covers~



These five book covers caught my eye. Starting from the top left, Not to Disturb, caught my eye because of it's simplicity. However this simplicity emitted an eerie and dark feeling as if a boogey man were to come out. I feel like it captured the essence of the title. The title and author were aligned in the middle and the door was opened slightly to let a little light into the room. This cover drew me in because there was a hint of darkness within this cover and the fact that they used a simple slightly opened door to show this attracted me. The next book, Wide Awake, caught my eye because it's a book cover that I can relate to. I spend the majority of my night doing homework and by the time it's almost 3 in the morning, I'm still wide awake, typing away. With personal experience I feel like this cover is perfect for showing its title. Like Not to Disturb, the title and author are once again centered. An Ethics of Interrogation is also another cover that caught my eye because of its dim color and once again, the simplicity. It reminds me of a jail cell that would be used for interrogation and the gray just sets the mood. Like the first two books, they all have a simple but strong concept for their cover. Ugly Man, was another book I like because it offered comical relief. It's just a plain white cover with a picture of an ugly cucumber and although I don't know how a cucumber relates with the book, I would be attracted to pic the book up to find out how. Mr. Peanut was a bit different from the rest. It's a bit more complicated than the other four book covers but it's comprised of simple circles that make the picture of a skull. It relates to the title because the circles are filled with the colors a peanut. 

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you and I really like the cover for "An Ethics of Interrogation" because it reminds me of when the police take people in and there is that one light in the room when they question the suspects. It sets up a mysterious mood for a novel that is about crimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one with the pickle. It makes me wonder what the book is about, and how the story relates to pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the skull one and the one with the hanging light because they both look mysterious and the skull looks really cool because of the different shades of brown and white. The ugly man book cover looks really strange because I wouldn't make a connection for man and a pickle or is it cucumber. I don't know, it just looks really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete